...life as seen from behind an "Old Wood Desk".

Psalm 118:8 "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."






Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Just To Keep It Simple"

I can't believe I have neglected my blog for so long.  Another victim of our too busy lives with cell phones chasing us everywhere we go.  Whatever happened to our real lives, spending time with friends and family, and just relaxing.
Maybe it's time to remember the old sayings;  'take a step back', 'slow down a little', or 'stop and smell the roses'.  We laugh sometimes when we hear people quoting the old sayings, but they are so true.  Our lifestyles seem to have crowded out things like sitting down and drinking a glass of iced tea in the shade or watching the birds in the trees...the simple things.  
Thinking about this made me think about the little cabin I built.  It started out as a tool shed, and well, the little lady of the house liked it so much she can hardly wait to decorate it, primitive and simple, of course.

We actually slowed down for a few minutes the other day and just sat on the porch and enjoyed the birds and the breeze.  After doing this, I believe more than ever that it's best "Just To Keep It Simple."

Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

You have no idea how much I love this little cabin. Maybe just the fact that you did it for me...It is much more to me than a tool shed or cabin. You do some good work my dear hubby. Wasn't it nice to sit out there the other day? As you said just simple living... Happy Birthday and I love you....